When photographing yourself in front of a historical, religious, or natural site using a selfie stick,
you have …
10. Demonstrated your skill in photographic composition and artistry to everyone around you.
9. Shown people carrying expensive cameras with multiple lenses that you know a thing or two about cameras as well.
8. Given the “all clear” to home burglars when you immediately post your photo to Facebook and Instagram.
7. Rubbed in how much vacation fun you’re having to everyone who is still at work.
6. Found a new way to cut in line in queues – the selfie stick jammed in front of people “marks your spot”.
5. Helped the local economy by buying a selfie stick from one of the thousands of venders selling them.
4. Avoided the social interaction with a stranger that happens when people courteously “swap photographer duties”.
3. Created a fun guessing game trying to identify the site behind your heads. “Is that St. Peter’s Basilica or the Colosseum?”
2. Found a fantastic way to occupy time while waiting in line, as opposed to something old-fashioned, such as reading a guidebook or talking to people.
And the #1 reason to (not) Use a Selfie Stick on Vacation …
1. Confirmed to the doubters that this historical site older than the reign of the Romans now exists. Your selfie stick photo proves it!
Do you agree with me or not? Are you a lover or hater of selfie sticks? Let me know on Facebook GailMencini.Author or Twitter @GailMencini!